Cayman Islands, House Manager/ess, Start ASAP, 45-50 hour week, c£50-70k pa net.
Our client based in the beautiful Cayman Islands is searching for an experienced and dedicated House Manager /PA with private household experience, to take over the running of their home along with a fairly small team of staff already in situ. The role will include usual elements of the HM role including staff recruitment, training and retention, working with the client to ensure the smooth running of the Household, liaising with contractors and suppliers, working on private events at the family home and related duties. The working week will be based on 45 hours work over 6 days per week, with most evenings free. A formal Cayman contract will be agreed, and payments will be in local currency.
Location: Cayman Islands
Role: Experienced House Manager / Butler
Days/Hours of work: 6 days per week x 8-9 hours daily, totalling 45 hours per week.
Salary Range: TBC but approx £4-6k per month tax free
Accommodation: Own room in staff accommodation. May be the option for separate studio nearby once settled.
Start date: ASAP
Essential: Native level written and spoken English language. Trustworthy, Active, energetic. Confident driver with absolutely clear police check and excellent recent written references for the visa. Previous long term roles essential. Fully covid vaccinated for visa.
Preferred: Able to start ASAP, and happy to commit long term. Recent roles of 2+ years engagement.
Household Management Responsibilities
- Overseeing property (living spaces, gardens, outdoor and indoor facilities such as pool, pond, aircon, plumbing, generator, lights etc) and household items (paintings, furniture, cars etc) are in good order, and identifying and reporting any issue
- Creating, enforcing and overseeing systems, rules, duties, checklists and rosters for household staff, including helpers, gardeners, driver, chef, nannies etc
- Creating and conducting staff performance reviews
- Training staff as required (use of cleaning products, apparatus and handling of fragile items such as antiques, silverware, laundry etc) and identifying and sourcing household apparatus as necessary
- Being hands-on for household duties as necessary
- Managing/ assisting hiring, visa coordination, and termination of staff
- Calculating, documenting and communicating salary/ overtime and tracking annual leaves and sick days
- Enforce staff policies on safety and hygiene standards
- Management and record keeping of petty cash and payment of household expenses as required
- Creating system for maintaining stock of household items including food, drinks, products
- Coordinating and monitoring house related contractors and projects
- Regularly communicating updates of tasks and issues with employer and liaising with employer’s executive assistant as required
- Scheduling and overseeing children and pet care
- Executing ad hoc requests as required
- Act as the front of house for preparing and serving drinks/ food
- Greeting house guests and assisting with requests
- Making reservations on behalf of employer upon request
- Accompany/ travel on behalf of employer as requested; drive car overseas if possible
- Perform all duties with discretion, professionalism and a pleasant demeanor
- Experience in duties listed above for UHNW family or luxury 5 star hotel
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Schooling in butler school/ hospitality
- Knowledge of excel and Word
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) and string basic mathematics (payroll calculation etc)
- Has valid drivers license
- Ability to travel easily to US/ Europe/ Asia without visa complications
- Professional, reliable, responsible, organized
- Have an excellent eye for detail/ detail orientated
- Calm demeanor and well mannered
- Well-groomed at all times (“uniform” required); no jewelry during work hours
- Happy to be in the background – never in the forefront
- A natural passion to provide great service and to care for people
- Being discreet and confidential
- Being able to read signals and non-verbal communication
- Pre-empt problems and a natural problem-solver
- A positive outlook and a hard worker who doesn’t mind doing long hours.
- Children and pet friendly (dog, birds, fish)
Interested in applying for this role?
If you are already registered with us, please click ”Apply for Job” above and follow the link.
If not yet registered, please register online at https://simplyprivatestaff.com/candidates-registration-details/ and forward all of the required documents so that we can progress your registration.
|Job Category||Household Staff - House Manager / Butler|